« Home | Boeatan Bandung Bagus Bagus - Inacraft 2009 » | Scrapgathering - April 2009 » | Earth Day » | Preparing layouts for Scrapgathering » | Every moment is » | Layouts for my girl » | Fleeting - Illustration Friday » | Double LO, from up to bottom. » | A birthday girl is in the house » | Ten thoughts »

April 2009 - Life Project


If you are like me, have no faith (whatsoever) in your PC or your hard disk, then you always printed your photos and stored them safely in boxes (mine is seven boxes so far...don't raise your eye brows that high...come on...), you will end up having a sour sweet agony about what to do with your leftover photos, well, like me.
(Gee, girl.... I don't even have time to print my favorite photos to scrap and you already talk about leftover photos?)
Well, no offense to you, my friends...but I happen to be included in the group of scrappers who got plenty leftover pics (First, I scrapped it in 12x12 LO, then if I still had the pics from the same events, I used them in mini album, I even gave some to my kids....so they can scrapped it their own way...and...you guess right, I still got some.)
So, when I saw the Simple Scrapbooks special edition : Quick & Easy Photo Albums, I kinda have an "AHA" moment. This is what I need! This is what I will do!
This project is simple, need no big planning, you just use your scrap papers (you don't even need to match the paper with the photos, because remember, they are leftover photos, so it will be hard to match them all in one album).
All you need is :
1. A theme. (here I choose the daily play/adventures of my kids, a subject with tons pics that I got in hand)
2. An ordinary photo album with two-up photo sleeves.
3. Alphabet stickers. I used one from Cosmo Cricket. You can use anything similar. The point here is to keep the viewer curiously wanting to see page by page rather then skip it fast to the end. Of course you can think of something else.
3. Your scrap papers.
4. Your leftover stickers/embellishment that you already used in your big LO, which you tired of using but still don't want to let go....you can stick them in front of the plactic cover of each page to make a little bit dimension.
5. Your leftover pics.


Shall we begin?
You can embellish the cover....firstly or later.


Put pattern paper to cover all the page 1 of the album, and the reverse side.



Then, just roll down...everything begin with 'A'.......















Well....
Hope you will be inspired to dig in your photo boxes tonight!
It's easy and fun!
I think I should do it more often to clean up my embellishment, and of course, to avoid buying more boxes for my photos....:)

How fortunate to have this kind of albums!! This family is very lucky to have someone like you who can journal their past for the future! Thanks for sharing!! The albums' really beautiful!! =p

Post a Comment

About me

  • I am a woman who fell in love with papers and words long enough before with boys. Therefore, scrapbooking, writing, reading, and art journaling are just things that complete me. I live happily in Bandung, Indonesia, with my husband, Audy Kusnadjaja, and 2 adorable kids adore me. Isn't life sweet?
My profile

About this home

Be careful while going inside my home here. Your clothes may gets stain if you happen to walk by my still wet canvas, or stumbled upon our piles of books everywhere, and come out with a scrap paper sticking to your shoes. But I promise you, you'll enjoy the time spending here. Tea or coffee?
  • The beginning
  • Last preparation
  • Artsy Girl's scrapper bag
  • Artsy Girl's mini album
  • Back to school
  • You rock!
  • Doilies for memories
  • Becoming an artist
  • Scrap my heart away
  • Too much of good things
  • Yellow sometimes
  • Double pages
  • Some layouts
  • Don't reinvent the wheel
  • Tips for dividing scrap time
  • Back to school album
  • Christmas album 2009
  • A month to play, a month to learn
  • 'Life happens' album
  • My girl's b'day album
  • Recycling the baby book
  • My boy's b'day album
  • About stranger
  • Make something every day
  • 2009 Art journals - bounded
  • Art journals - begin
  • 2009 Daily Journal
  • 2008 Daily Journal
  • Cracked
  • Parade
  • Hierarchy
  • Fleeting
  • Legendary
  • Time
  • Voices
  • Balloon
  • Wise
  • Repair
  • String
  • First painting
  • Life of two girls-treasure box
  • Box of memories
  • Making your own embellishment
  • A month to play and learn
  • Art journal album cover
  • Week in The Life - 2011
  • Week in The Life - 2010
  • Week in The Life - 2009
  • Week in The Life - 2008
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the layouts - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class-group 1 - click here
  • To see the class-group 2 - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the Jkt's class - click here
  • To see the Bdg's class - click here

  • The story - click here

  • The story - click here

  • See inside - click here

  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • Other article - click here
  • My Artist Papers

  • Wings in The Cage - series
  • Where is it ? - click here
  • New place - click here
  • Eat&Eat Kelapa Gading
  • Eat&Eat - part 2
  • Kartika Sari-kebon jukut
  • Warung Talaga-PVJ
  • Sagoo restaurant Bogor
  • Eat&Eat 2 - Gandaria City
  • Goela Merah - foodcourt
  • Ba-koel - foodcourt
  • MariSini - food stall
  • Eat&Eat 3 - Surabaya
  • Warung Talaga Ciwalk - new place
  • Wajan restaurant
  • Warung Talaga - Serpong
  • Eat&Eat 4 - Serpong
  • Lekker Bekker
  • Previous posts