« Home | When you can choose pink, choose pink. » | Artful Blogging » | Eat and eat » | When the ribbons take over my place » | Must Read Book for September » | A gift for you » | Are you poor or rich? » | welcome to our new family pets » | Independence Day Celebration » | ......and you're done »

Layer by layer, day by day.

As I found out along the way, that when you have very little spare time to do scrapbooking, you have to think of some way to get much of that precious time. I read a couple times that you have to chunk the process into pieces, but never really tried it until just recently.


So, if say today I only have 30 minutes, I will do this part :

I can even do it when I watch my kids do their homeworks. I can leave it at any moment (when the kids suddenly fighting and need a referee a.s.a.p? Yeah, that kind of moment).

Then on the other day I have 45 minutes left before I tuck in the kids to bed, I do this part :


For this page, I even don't know what picture that I want to scrap. Just play and glue all the pieces together, and don't forget to put on the foam tape to add some depth.

For this layout I choose the picture now because it had to go under the upper layer of paper border.



You only have 20 minutes on the other day?
No panic.
Because I don't need to start from zero, I don't freak out, and have more spirit to continue the flow. So I just open up my favorite brown acrylic bottle and a brush, and I do this :

Leave them all there all night long. The paint certainly need time to dry before I add anything else on them, and I certainly need time to sleep.


After a few days, of course I had time to think of many possible choices for the title of these layouts, and when I have 30 minutes spare time before dinner the next day, I do this :

And do the journaling , if you still have 10 minutes more...



For some scrapbookers, this part may be their favorite part...adding the embellishment and detail!!! Yay!!! So maybe you have to wait until you have 1 or 2 hours free time before you do this part. Because I do! Talk about productive weekend nights...


And I finally find the perfect photos for this layout :



On Sunday morning, all I need to do is take pictures of my three finished layouts before I go with my family to do our ritual grocery shopping. In beautiful morning lights...

You can have these layouts in within a week time, even if you think you don't have any spare time... Of course, you can't be a perfect scrapbooker (you see, I just find the right picture for one layout at almost the finishing part...). You can save the making for your perfect one when you have 4 or more hours 'undisturb' time.....(which we all know is kind of rare to find these days..) or really have a spare energy....(yes, even rarer....)

Both type of work suite me good. But the secret to this layer by layer type, you should pick paper/layout with the possible one color/one tone result, so you can only open one color of acrylic paint.... you can only take out one color of thickers for title.....and one colour of cardstock for matting.... That's really saving time.

Hope you find something useful from this post.

Have a nice weekend.

About me

  • I am a woman who fell in love with papers and words long enough before with boys. Therefore, scrapbooking, writing, reading, and art journaling are just things that complete me. I live happily in Bandung, Indonesia, with my husband, Audy Kusnadjaja, and 2 adorable kids adore me. Isn't life sweet?
My profile

About this home

Be careful while going inside my home here. Your clothes may gets stain if you happen to walk by my still wet canvas, or stumbled upon our piles of books everywhere, and come out with a scrap paper sticking to your shoes. But I promise you, you'll enjoy the time spending here. Tea or coffee?
  • The beginning
  • Last preparation
  • Artsy Girl's scrapper bag
  • Artsy Girl's mini album
  • Back to school
  • You rock!
  • Doilies for memories
  • Becoming an artist
  • Scrap my heart away
  • Too much of good things
  • Yellow sometimes
  • Double pages
  • Some layouts
  • Don't reinvent the wheel
  • Tips for dividing scrap time
  • Back to school album
  • Christmas album 2009
  • A month to play, a month to learn
  • 'Life happens' album
  • My girl's b'day album
  • Recycling the baby book
  • My boy's b'day album
  • About stranger
  • Make something every day
  • 2009 Art journals - bounded
  • Art journals - begin
  • 2009 Daily Journal
  • 2008 Daily Journal
  • Cracked
  • Parade
  • Hierarchy
  • Fleeting
  • Legendary
  • Time
  • Voices
  • Balloon
  • Wise
  • Repair
  • String
  • First painting
  • Life of two girls-treasure box
  • Box of memories
  • Making your own embellishment
  • A month to play and learn
  • Art journal album cover
  • Week in The Life - 2011
  • Week in The Life - 2010
  • Week in The Life - 2009
  • Week in The Life - 2008
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the layouts - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class-group 1 - click here
  • To see the class-group 2 - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the Jkt's class - click here
  • To see the Bdg's class - click here

  • The story - click here

  • The story - click here

  • See inside - click here

  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • Other article - click here
  • My Artist Papers

  • Wings in The Cage - series
  • Where is it ? - click here
  • New place - click here
  • Eat&Eat Kelapa Gading
  • Eat&Eat - part 2
  • Kartika Sari-kebon jukut
  • Warung Talaga-PVJ
  • Sagoo restaurant Bogor
  • Eat&Eat 2 - Gandaria City
  • Goela Merah - foodcourt
  • Ba-koel - foodcourt
  • MariSini - food stall
  • Eat&Eat 3 - Surabaya
  • Warung Talaga Ciwalk - new place
  • Wajan restaurant
  • Warung Talaga - Serpong
  • Eat&Eat 4 - Serpong
  • Lekker Bekker
  • Previous posts